Beach Reading

Beach Reading
Beach Reading

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Meggie Brooks By Daphne Woods




Growing up in a small rural township in New Jersey, Meggie Brooks lives an almost idyllic life, enjoying the beauty of her extended family despite her relatives' often hilarious, dysfunctional, and sometimes mysterious behavior. But there are some things too strange for even a child to ignore, and as the years pass, Meggie is forced to question whether all is as it seems. As she uncovers the secret that has held the family in its grip for twenty years, the greatest desire of her heart is to find love and acceptance, but can she overcome the loss of her best friend, the deception of her family, and the betrayal of the man she loves? Will she ever find a man who shares her values, or is she doomed to a life of loneliness?

A young girl's journey into adulthood, a poignant search for love, a family saga full of mystery and intrigue, and a passionate romance -- this amazingly rich novel is all these and more.




~My thoughts on this book~


I was enamored with Meggie from the very beginning. This book shows the idiosyncrasies that are apparent in most families, large or small. We learn how ones past can effect the future of more than one person. I was adopted as a child, and have a second cousin who was adopted also (Her adoptive mother was sister to her natural mother as in this story. They did not tell her right away, and when they did she was upset about it until my parents asked me to talk to her and explain that it isn't a bad thing to be adopted.) But, I digress, to return to my review, this book is one that will keep you entertained from beginning to end. I look forward to more works from this author.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I am still new at this blogging thing, so if you have any friendly suggestions on how to make my blog more enjoyable please feel free to let me know. All other friendly comments are also accepted. Be warned, I will block any comments that are mean spirited, hateful, or vulgar.