Beach Reading

Beach Reading
Beach Reading

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Kindred In Death by J.D. Robb




When the newly promoted captain of the NYPSD and his wife return a day early from their vacation, they are looking forward to spending time with their bright and vivacious sixteen-year-old daughter, who stayed behind.

Not even their worst nightmares could prepare them for the crime scene that awaits them instead.  Deena has been brutally murdered in her bedroom, and her body shows signs of trauma that horrify even the toughest of cops, including our own Lieutenant Eve Dallas, who is specifically requested by the captain to investigate.

When the evidence starts to pile up, Dallas and her team think they are about to arrest their perpetrator; little do they know that someone has gone to great lengths to tease and taunt them by using a variety of identities.

Overconfidence can lead to careless mistakes.  But for Dallas, one mistake might be all she needs to serve justice.


This book is another from the "In Death" series.  The first book  I read in this series took a little getting used to because it is based in the future, but now the futuristic surroundings don't bother me at all, they make the reading more fascinating.  The author writes, and I easily see what she wants me to see.  I can't wait to get started on the next book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am still new at this blogging thing, so if you have any friendly suggestions on how to make my blog more enjoyable please feel free to let me know. All other friendly comments are also accepted. Be warned, I will block any comments that are mean spirited, hateful, or vulgar.