Beach Reading

Beach Reading
Beach Reading

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pinned: A Kentucky True Crime
By Charles W. Massie


"I fear the dark and I live all alone...."

Mark Casey, a native New York-er and a gentleman, wants to get out of his home state and live in another part of the world.  Over the internet, he meets and is attracted to a small town Kentucky woman named Roxie.  This woman seems to be the girl of his dreams - sensual, ambitious, funny and beautiful.  After a series of email and phone conversations, Roxie invites Mark to visit her in Kentucky.  The Meeting is magic.  They fall head over heels for each other and decide to live together.

But like the flip of a switch, there are immediate problems as soon as he gets in his new abode.  He and Roxie fight, where they never did before.  She constantly tells him lies.  There seems to be a black cloud around Roxie, where someone always gets hurt.  And their once raging sexual relationship has turned sour, causing them to sleep apart.  What could have caused this abyss?

This is a true story of flagrant injustice in a small country town.  It is a page whipping account of sex, drugs, manipulation, false arrest, corrupt public officials and good 'ol boys who take rather than give.

See what it is like to be trapped in the nest of a Black Widow.  Read the story and be Pinned.

~My thoughts~
I liked this book from the start.  It was an easy read for me.  The author is good at telling a story.  There were a few typoes, but nothing that distracted me from the story.  There was more sex in the story than I liked, but the author does warn you at the beginning of the book that it is part of the story.  Of course, the ending left me hanging and I am looking forward to the sequel to find out the rest of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am still new at this blogging thing, so if you have any friendly suggestions on how to make my blog more enjoyable please feel free to let me know. All other friendly comments are also accepted. Be warned, I will block any comments that are mean spirited, hateful, or vulgar.