Beach Reading

Beach Reading
Beach Reading

Friday, June 22, 2012

At Last
By Barbara Bretton



From the moment they met as children, there was something special between Noah Chase and Gracie Taylor, something that grew and matured right along with them. Despite Gracie's troubled family - and Noah's cold, distant one - they managed to make each other laugh and keep each other's dreams alive...


But Noah's father already has plans for is golden boy's future - plans that did not include the likes of poor, ordinary Gracie Taylor. And when he succeeded in tearing them apart - on the night before their wedding - it seemed those childhood dreams and teenage passions had been crushed by more grownup things, like sorrows and secrets and lies...


Now Gracie has returned to Idle Point, Maine - and so has Noah. Over the years they've wondered if those dreams were just delusions, or it a love like theirs could ever happen again. Maybe they'll find out at last...


My thoughts....I really liked this book. The characters kept me interested in the story, and the author twisted things around just enough to surprise me at the end. I give this book four stars ****.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am still new at this blogging thing, so if you have any friendly suggestions on how to make my blog more enjoyable please feel free to let me know. All other friendly comments are also accepted. Be warned, I will block any comments that are mean spirited, hateful, or vulgar.