Beach Reading

Beach Reading
Beach Reading

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Embracing You, Embracing Me
By Michelle Bellon





In a decade when image matters, when the so-called Generation X is swelling with 'future perfect' hopes and pride, 16-year-old Roshell McRady dances her way through High School, never quite admitting that she's ashamed of her trailer park family home.


She listens to Madonna while conjuring creative Top Ramen recipes to feed her younger cousins; she empties enough hairspray until her bangs are feathered and vertical like a lethal weapon; and she agonises over how to convince Gabriel Harrison, the new Mystery Guy in town, to invite her to the prom - a night which threatens to turn into a disaster.


But then life takes a dramatic turn for Roshell, and her life changes forever.


My thoughts....I really liked this book, so much so that I had a hard time putting it down. It took me less than a day to read. I empathized with Roshell and the difficult time she had letting Gabriel know how she felt about him because she was afraid he didn't feel the same. The book didn't end the way I envisioned it, but it was a good ending nonetheless. I give it Five Stars *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am still new at this blogging thing, so if you have any friendly suggestions on how to make my blog more enjoyable please feel free to let me know. All other friendly comments are also accepted. Be warned, I will block any comments that are mean spirited, hateful, or vulgar.