Beach Reading

Beach Reading
Beach Reading

Friday, August 16, 2013

Annie
By Ron Mahaffey


Cody Miller's lifelong desire to serve and protect the country he loves is a reality now, thanks to the Vietnam War.  He has served honorably and well, and he's about to be sent back to the States...along with the woman he loves.  But just as his dreams are about to come true, a tragedy strikes, giving him the opportunity to protect an angel of mercy...but at great cost to himself.

Cody wakes up in a veteran's hospital believing that he has nothing left to live for.  With a cold and angry heart, his only wish is to ride into the Colorado wilderness, never to be seen again.  But Cody doesn't know that destiny is following him in a way he doesn't expect.  Will it reach him in time?  Annie is a deftly plotted, richly characterized novel that illuminates the physical and emotional realities of war with vividness and compassion to create a deeply satisfying story.

~My thoughts~
This book was a quick read being only 144 pages long.  It quickly caught my attention because my significant other is retired military and suffers from survivor's guilt.  I'm a sucker for any kind of love story so it was a double whammy for me.  If you are looking for a book to pass the time, something short and sweet, I would recommend this book.  Good news for people with e-readers, it's available as an ebook also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am still new at this blogging thing, so if you have any friendly suggestions on how to make my blog more enjoyable please feel free to let me know. All other friendly comments are also accepted. Be warned, I will block any comments that are mean spirited, hateful, or vulgar.