Beach Reading

Beach Reading
Beach Reading

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Puppet's Secret
By Alex Samms


A story of a middle-aged woman finding that reality and insanity border on a fine line.

A tale of a romance that never was and the consequences one must pay for the choices one makes.  What happens is unexpected and keeps you wanting more.

~My thoughts~
This book was a quick read, it is a novelette with only 48 pages of story but it did keep me on the edge of my seat.  The book is written from the point of view of a middle aged female who believes that her beauty is fading and her life is in a rut. She and her family take a trip to the beach one day, she spots a handsome man walking down the same beach with a beautiful woman on his arm, and the rest...well, the rest is what this book is all about.  It is a fiction/romance/thriller in paperback.  The author was able to make me empathize with the character, and I was surprised by the ending.  This is a great book, and I look forward to more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am still new at this blogging thing, so if you have any friendly suggestions on how to make my blog more enjoyable please feel free to let me know. All other friendly comments are also accepted. Be warned, I will block any comments that are mean spirited, hateful, or vulgar.